Tuesday, April 8, 2008

It's Spring!!

I love that it's going to be in the 60's all week and sunny! It gives me so much more motivation to get outside and exercise, and also eat well. Ever notice how you want to eat lighter foods when it's warm, and heavy comfort foods in the winter?

This weekend my family came to visit and saw the trophy in person. We are all still so motivated to lose this weight and win that trophy! My brother lost 8 pounds (he's a big guy), I lost 4 (198.5), my mom lost 4 and my dad gained a pound. He has trouble snacking when he's around the house, and last week happened to be his vacation. He should see a loss this week.

I stepped on the scale this morning (I know, I know) and it said 196.5. So that's good. Oh, and for consistency, my family brought their home scale and it shows a 5 pound lighter weight than mine. My parents said their scale is close to what they weigh at the doctor's office, so I think my actual weight is more like 191.5 right now, but it doesn't matter - as long as I use the same scale it will show how much weight I'm losing - even if the number isn't my actual weight.

I walked almost a mile to work today and hope to walk it back (as long as I don't get out of work late). I walked over a mile yesterday too, plus lifted weights and did crunches and some light yoga. All in all, I'm feeling a lot better!

No comments: